Friday, August 30, 2013

Stone's Early Arrival

At 35 weeks, 1 day I was feeling crummy all day. I was exhausted all day at work and just not feeling well at all. I even made a comment to Mike that I think "D-day" was probably just around the corner. He laughed and told me I was crazy.

I was excited though that I had taken the next couple of days off and have a long weekend. Thursday was our 4th wedding anniversary so I wanted that day to be of just me and Mike before the baby came. Then on Friday would be a day for Jett one last time before Baby #2 arrived. That all changed that Wednesday night.

For dinner I heated up leftovers for me and Jett. Made a Frito Pie for Mike. I was feeling worse then I was feeling earlier that day at work. Very nausea. I couldn't finish my dinner. I decided to lay down around 7 pm. At 8 pm I got up to go to the restroom and noticed after I peed that liquid was still dripping out. I just thought that it was pee. Heard it was pretty common on this stage of pregnancy to leak pee. I changed my underwear. Literally 2 minutes later I felt the urge to go pee again. This time I wiped and I was spotting.

I went into the study and told Mike, "I think my water broke." Mike looks at me, "Wouldn't you know if your water broke or not?" I knew that there were different feelings when you water breaks. With Jett my water was broken for me after I went into labor and it was a big gush. I did hear from friends that your water could leak or be a big gush. Funny thing was I actually googled earlier that afternoon "how do you know when your water breaks?" So crazy that I did.

I started to text my sister in law who is a labor and delivery nurse. She had some questions for me and told me I should probably head in to labor and delivery. At this point I was only having Braxton hicks contraction, but they were about 10 minutes apart or so. Wasn't intense just the typical BH pains. I continued to have heavier spotting.

So I started to pack my bag. I had not packed anything at this point. I had a small pile of stuff I was making to start packing. I was frantic. I started a load in the wash of baby socks and hats that I just bought for the baby. I was praying I didn't forget anything. I knew I was going to come back home with a baby. Mike on the other hand thought it was a false alarm and was just chilling out on the bed checking facebook. He packed a bag for Jett just encase, but didn't pack anything for himself.

We woke up Jett and headed to St. Luke's labor and delivery. We got to the hospital around 11:30 pm and went to the ER then they took me up to L&D. The nurse checked to see if it was my fluid that was leaking and sure enough it was. And I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Dr. Young was not on call that night. He would be on at 7 am. I was too be admitted and was told I would be leaving the hospital with a baby.

We were all very nervous. This was obviously not part of the plan. We though we had at least 2 more weeks until I was full term to get things situated. We were also scared for our baby's health since he was not a full term baby at this point. The 3 of us were in the L&D waiting room praying for our family that all would be well.

Around midnight being wheeled into my hospital room. Jett in his cute pj's.

I was admitted into room 206. Mike's mom and sister came to pick up Jett from the hospital. Mike stayed with me that night. At this point they were just trying to keep me comfortable and monitor me and the baby. They started an antibiotic since the baby will be premature and some fluids. And I couldn't eat anything starting then. My pain level wasn't very high. Just BH pains. It was a rough night to sleep through with all these gadgets hooked up to me. Taking my vitals etc. Needless to say I probably slept about a hour the whole night.

At 7 am my nurse came in and told me she spoke to Dr. Young and he said he put in orders to go ahead and induce me since my water broke. I told Mike to go home to get last minute things, let the dogs out and pack his bag. It would probably be later that afternoon that the baby would arrive. They were thinking approx. 12 hours from when I was admitted. Mike left right before 8 am.

I started Pitocin right around 8 am and Dr. Young came in. He did an ultrasound to check the fluid levels. Baby was head down and fluid was low. He wanted to put fluid back into my uterus. This will help relieve the cord pressure preventing the baby's blood pressure to drop. He catherized me with that thing. Very uncomfortable. And around 8:20ish I was at a 3cm.

My nurse Julie was awesome. Very supportive. She told me if I wanted an epidural that it takes her 30 minutes to get the doctor here and ready to give it to me. Also, she wasn't going to check me much because my water broke, but would check me when I had my cathered in after the epidural.

I was looking at the clock and told myself I would try to hold out until 10 am for my epidural. Then things got intense. My contractions were becoming extremely painful and 2 minutes apart. I didn't think I could take it anymore at 2 minutes apart. It was hard not having my partner by my side to get me through the contractions. I did feel alone at that point, but it was just part of how everything happened with the baby getting here early. I called Julie at 9:15 am, "I am ready for my epidural." I called Mike right after asking where he was and to hurry cause I was getting my epidural soon.

Mike came right when they were giving me my epidural. He had to wait outside since that was policy. At 10 am my epidural was in. I had some relief. My legs were just starting to get numb. Julie then put my cather in. Since  she was putting it in she decided to check me. It was around 10:20 ish. She had a puzzled look on her face, "Hmmmm....he is really low." I asked if that was a good or bad thing. She then says, "Um...I think you are ready to have a baby right now." We were all in shock. She was going to have another nurse double check. She came in and agreed that it was about to happen really soon. They were setting everything up. Making the calls.

I couldn't believe I was about to have this baby. I felt like I just started the labor process and thought I was going to go through this for a few more hours. How is that he is already ready to come out? I mean I went from a 3 to a 10 in less than 2 hours. I was nervous that Dr. Young would not be there in time. I wanted him to be the one who delivered the baby. We all had gone through so much together during this pregnancy. I started to pray and let be in God's hands. He knows what he is doing.

Dr. Young arrives puts on his scrubs. Sits down on his stool. Mike's starting counting....1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,  10. I pushed 3 times. He is HERE!! Everyone was amazed that I pushed so little. Dr. Young shook his head, "You are a ROCKSTAR. Holy Cow!"

My placenta however took longer to come out than the actual baby. Dr. Young said that it was stuck and the placenta was in bad shape. They sent it off to get it taken looked at. Also, it was a good thing I had gotten an epidural because it would have been extremely painful. I am glad I got the epidural too and that they didn't check me before they gave me the epi. I would have been at 10 cm and wouldn't give to me. I think that was all part of God's plan. He is always by my side looking out for me.

I was so emotional after the delivery. Our miracle baby had arrived. I just wanted to look at him. We had gone through so much together. From taking the Clomid, bleeding at 6 weeks, 70+ progesterone shots during 1st trimester, & preterm labor. He was a fighter through out this whole pregnancy. He was perfect. Apgar score 8 & 9. Our family is even better with this blessing from God. God is great!

Stone William Martin
Born 10:51 am on August 8, 2013 (on our 4th wedding anniversary)
5 lbs, 4 oz.
17.5 inches

Stone was immediately taken to the NICU after birth. Just because he was born at 35 weeks and by protocol he needed to be in there for a certain period of time. Mike followed him into the NICU where they did all their test for premies. We were praying he would be in our room that night.

Stone did his time in the NICU. Passed all the tests with flying colors. He was managing his temperature perfectly, breathing like a champ, and sugar levels were great. By 6 pm he was in our room by my side sleeping peacefully. 

Dr. Young came the next day to check on me. He thought the cause of my preterm labor was probably because of the clot and the horrible placenta. I asked if it would effect any future pregnancies he said it wouldn't. 

All the doctors and nurses were amazed that Stone was born at 35 weeks. He certainly was not acting like a 35 week baby. He was nursing great and just had such great coloring. One doctor thought they miscalculated my due date, which there is no way since I took Clomid. 

on August 10, 2013 we were able to go home. So grateful that we did. I always heard people leaving their premature babies at the hospital. I was so blessed FINALLY after our two losses in 2012 and this crazy pregnancy to able to take our "take home" baby to his home.

traci robinson photography

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

32, 33, 34 weeks

Oh boy.... the long stretch.
At 32 weeks we did another ultrasound to check on the growth of the baby. Dr. Young found some fluid in the baby's kidneys. He asked we come back in a couple of weeks to see if the fluid was still there. He said that it was probably urine that he just hasn't peed out yet.

33 weeks started to take iron supplements. I thought I didn't have to take them, but after my last set of blood work done I would need too. Boo! Luckily Dr. Young gave me iron samples so I didn't have to go buy any. He really rocks. Always looking out for me.

My rings are becoming tighter. I stopped wearing my Aggie ring, but still wearing my wedding band and e-ring. I think the combination of the hot weather and being pregnant my fingers are getting swollen.

I don't sleep much anymore. I am super uncomfortable. I can't sit for a long period of time or stand. At night the baby is very active and wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Follow up Ultrasound-34 weeks
We went in for the follow up ultrasound. Jett came along and was very excited too see the baby. Baby was measuring great and was looking to be around 4 lbs at this point at 34 weeks, 6 days. He still had fluid in his kidneys. Dr. Young said it was very common in boys, but it works it self out after they are born.

I have to say being super pregnant in the summer is not fun. You are already uncomfortable for being so big, but it is even worse when it is triple digits outside. I am loosing my breathe when I talk to people standing up. I really don't remember that happening when I was preggo with Jett. I am just at the most uncomfortable point in my pregnancy. Can't bend over, can't breathe, can't walk. Just a whole bunch of cants. Luckily Mike has been really awesome taking care of me and Jett.

34 weeks. My last preggo pic

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weeks 27-31

Wow....It has been a very busy month for us. We've been in our new home for about a month now. Trying to get everything situated and unpacked. It has been a slow and huge undertaking. I haven't had a chance to take any photos in front of the big family ruler. I've been so tired by the time I get home I just want to lay down and sleep.

I am officially in the 3rd trimester. Here is a picture of me that I took in the bathroom at work at 28 weeks when I officially started my 3rd trimester.

28 weeks...3rd trimester

I have gained so far 23 lbs. I weigh a little more than I do when I had Jett. It is so hard to believe. Weight gain wise this pregnancy is much different. 1st trimester I lost weight because of the progesterone shots I was taking. I barely could eat so I lost a few pounds. 2nd trimester I had more energy so I just ate and not very healthy. I gained 20 lbs just in the 2nd trimester with this pregnancy! My pregnancy with Jett I gained about 10 lbs per trimester or so to give you an idea how different it is.  So my body is definitely letting me know that it does not feel good.

I get swollen pretty easily. The hot weather probably has something to do with it it too. My rings still fit luckily, but I take them off as soon as I get home.

I can't sit or stand for long periods of time now. My lower back hurts quite a bit if I do. I don't really have any cravings any more, which is great. I do eat alot more...mainly I just finish everything that is on my plate.

I had an ultrasound at 28 weeks to check out the growth of the baby. He is doing great! He was sucking his thumb during the ultrasound. He was at about 40% percentile for growth. Dr. Young said right in the middle. Dr. Young did make the comment that he would like to write a paper on my pregnancy because of the blood clot. I thought that would be sooo cool.

This little guy is quite a mover. Constantly moving to a point that it is uncomfortable. It is harder to sleep now with all the movement. I can now feel actual body parts pushing out. Very interesting to see. Kind of gross, but cool all at the same time.

At 31 weeks I went in for more blood work. Not sure what for, but all I know there were at least 10 vials I had to fill. Next appointment I will be 33 weeks and doing another ultrasound. Crazy to think this new addition will be here possibly next month. It really hasn't hit me yet. I am just now starting to pick out the fabrics for his bedding. Hopefully we can start painting the nursery soon.

Finally got a pick with the ruler. It is not hung up yet, but good enough to take a pic.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Week 25 & 26

We are MOVING!!!
This was the most stressful week I've had in a very long time! We closed on our very first home that we built on May 29th. We were planning on moving on that weekend. Originally we were just going to slowly move ourselves into the new house, but if we are going to move I just wanted to get it done.When you start packing your home you think you don't have much then quickly realize you do. Oh boy this was tough.

Packing did a number on my back. I had really bad lower back pains every day this week. It was really hard to manage. I refused to take meds though. I just put a heating pad on my back when I was at work. I was exceptionally emotional these two weeks. One I felt like I had no control and two we were leaving the home are first born came home too. This was his home. He took his first steps, rode his bike, had his first Christmas and New Years. Even though we were not in the best house it was our home. Our son loved it. I was a wreck.

So these two weeks were pretty painful for me. Swollen feet, aching back, lack of sleep, emotional wreck, etc. It will hopefully the only most stressful time of my pregnancy. Let's hope.

I have been really bad about taking bump pics. This was taken the day we started to move.

Week 23 & 24

Week 23....Oh my  belly!!
This week I've had major belly aches. I guess my spicy food craving was a little much on the little guy. For 4 days. I was not feeling all that great. Didn't help that he was super active while my belly was aching. Eventually all the spicy food was out of my system. Everything was back to normal.

This week little Martin #2 has been super active. He is really really low. He is very active in the later afternoon and early evening. He now wakes me up in the middle of night.

My Braxton Hicks are more often now, but not too bad. I do go to the potty once or twice in the middle of the night. I noticed it is about about every 3-4 hours I have to go. Almost like feeding a newborn. ha!

Week 24...Glucose Test. Yuck!
We went in to see Dr. Young this week and do my glucose test. I got to try the "fruit punch" flavor this time. It wasn't as bad as the orange. I actually prefer the fruit punch better. We got to hear the strong heartbeat of the baby.

Dr. Young said next time we would do ultrasound to check out growth and such. Then after that it will be every 2 weeks. It is crazy how this pregnancy has just flew by. I feel it is much faster than I when was pregnant with Jett. I guess having a toddler already keeps you busy and you loose track of time.

We went to a restaurant the other day and Jett saw a small baby. He screamed in excitement and pointed, "Baby!" That got me excited to see him so happy too see little baby. I am so concerned he will be jealous of the new baby. Him reacting like that reassured me a little bit.

Weeks 21 & 22

21 weeks: Oops Totally forgot....
To write about this particular week. Now I don't remember anything about that week. Gotta go love pregnancy brain.

The only thing I do remember is that I went shopping for some more maternity clothes. All of my tops are too short. I am constantly have to tug them at the bottom so they don't ride up and expose my bare belly. I went to Kohl's and Motherhood Maternity. I got some cute stuff on sale at Motherhood. Things I know I could wear post pregnancy. They are flowy and would probably be great to wear with tights in the fall.

22 weeks: Olives & Mother's day!
My new craving, OLIVES!!!! Last week Mike got me some olives and I inhaled them. I went to the store a few days later and bought a jar. I ate probably half of the jar while I was at work. I ran out of nutella and I got bored. The next thing I knew 1/2 the jar was gone. I feel like a PIG!

I definitely been experiencing mood swings. I get frustrated fairly easily lately and get my feelings hurt. I am just a ball of emotions. I think alot has to do with the fact we are about to close on our new home soon and I am overwhelmed with all the paper work you have to get ready. And on top of that work, cook, clean, pack, etc. Luckily Mike has been awesome and has been helping quite a bit.

The baby has slowed down on his kicks some. He is mainly active in the morning and in the evening. Every now and then I am pushing on my belly to see if he will move. A few minutes later I will get a kick. Probably telling me to leave him alone.

Mother's Day was this weekend. This would be my last Mother's Day as a family of 3. Bittersweet. I received my Mother's Day gift early from Jett and Mike on Saturday. They couldn't wait 1 more day.

Mike had taken photos of Jett when I was out that week. They are sooo awesome!! He then had Jett paint the matte of the picture frame. I am absolutely IN LOVE! The best mother's day gift! I can't stop staring at these photos. They even gave me a frame that I could hang at work. Here is the link of my Mother's Day gift post.

Me and my guy on Mother's Day

Week 19 & 20: Still a BOY!!

Week 19: Alien Movement
It was a pretty hectic week this week for us. Our house has been really coming along so we have been going there alot more. So going back and forth from our house to the new house has been fun, but exhausting.

The week I noticed that I am already getting Braxton Hicks contractions. Pretty crazy that those are already coming. Maybe I had them early with J too, but just didn't know what they were. Now you can actually see my belly move.

Mike put his hand on my belly this week and felt the baby move for the first time. He giggled like a little school girl. I love it because he was so giddy. It's pretty crazy to see my belly jump and shifting from one side to the other. It is so cool. I really can't wait for Jett to see and feel his baby brother.

The highlight of my day is after Jett's bath. He likes to put lotion on himself before we put his PJ's on. He rubs his belly then he wants to rub the baby. So I let him put lotion on my belly. He gets a kick out of doing it.

Week 20: Yup...It's a boy still
We went to the doctor for my 20 week appointment and ultrasound. First thing that showed up was his manhood. Dr. Young goes,  "Yup, he is still a boy. Here's a zoom in picture for dad to take to the office." Mike was very proud needless to say. Martin #2 was super active. Bouncing all over the place. We saw his long skinny legs. The coolest part was seeing his actual nose and upper lip. Usually you don't see things that clearly on a 2D ultrasound. His nose looked just like Jett's. It was amazing.

I've noticed this week the baby is very active in the morning and in the evening. Also, that he is very low. Most of the movement I feel down below.

This week I have been extra tired. I've been trying to pack little by little for a move coming soon. It is just so exhausting at almost 5 months pregnant. My cravings have simmered down some. I don't eat as many pickles, but I sure do enjoy myself a jar of nutella. :)

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 17 & 18

Week 17: Draaaag
This week I have been completely exhausted. Feels like I am back in my 1st trimester. In the morning I am just dead tired and by the end of the day I feel the same. It is worse when I don't have food in my belly. I guess I need to eat more energy producing foods.

Speaking of food. All I can think about is crawfish right now. Super spicy crawfish! When I ask my self what I want for lunch or dinner all I can imagine is crawfish. I was able to get my fix this week again. I really want this craving to stop because eating crawfish is so much work.

I am still eating lots of pickles. This has not changed one bit.

Week 18: Oh....Nutella!
My favorite go to snack that I just can't get enough of NUTELLA!!! YUM it is SOOOO good. Before I go to bed I am in bed with my spoon and jar of nutella. Mike laughs at me every time he watches me do it. I don't care. I love it!!

I am getting less sleep at night. I guess that is due to the more frequent potty breaks. And the fact that I can't go back to sleep when I get up. It's only the beginning. Only can get use to it.

I am getting headaches, which would be fine if they were not accompanied by nausea. Hopefully this will past. On a good note. I feel the baby more often feels like he is doing flips every now and then. I really can't wait to show Jett when you can see the kicks. It is going to be so cool.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Weeks 15 & 16: What a couple of weeks!

Week 15...Pop, Pop, Pop!
I've been working really hard getting ready to for a friend's baby shower that I was hosting. So I have been pretty exhausted every night when I got home. This week I definitely felt little popcorn pops in my belly. It is such a cool feeling. It's not everyday, but I still feel it. I can't wait till the movements are more distinct.

Cravings.....I am really eating alot of spicy. I crave crawfish all the time. I get to indulge every now and then. I really would like some salmon sushi, but that will need to wait as soon as I deliver the baby. No big symptoms this week. The belly is just getting bigger and bigger.

I go to the doctor for my check up on 3/26. I will be 16 weeks then. Can't wait for it!

Week 16... What a Week!!
A lot happened this week with our family. I am exhausted.

Our little Superman J
Alot of people have asking so I will share.

We noticed late January that Jett had a bump under his chin. It was hard lump. I gave it a couple of weeks.  Of course I went on google to research. After doing some reading online and talking to friends/family I knew it was a swollen lymph node. I read that it was very common when teeth were coming in for lymph nodes to be swollen. I knew Jett was getting his 2 year old molars in. I just thought that was the possibility of why it was swollen.

So around his birthday we took him in for his 2 year check up. They had us come in earlier because I called and told them about the lymph node. They wanted to check him out right away. They did some test and found nothing. Said the same thing to me that I had been reading about.

A week later it got worse. It turned red and a second appeared on the side of his neck. He went back in. They put him on an antibiotic for 10 days and told us to call Texas Childrens to schedule an appointment for whenever we can get it. Since it is very difficult to get an appointment. So I did. It was scheduled in 5 weeks.

Still no change after the antibiotics. It was getting larger and more red. Looked like someone beat his chin. At his follow up they decided to send to him Texas Children's too see a specialist right away. They didn't want to wait another month for his appointment. The doctor called & scheduled an appointment for the very next morning downtown.

The ENT specialist said he had a mild case of TB.  It's mainly happen to children because they are putting anything in their mouth's. This is so my son. His eyes are his mouth. So she put us on antibiotics for 21 days and asked to come back in 3 weeks. And told us not to worry. It was not a tumor and what we had was treatable. It is called a type of TB because it has similar DNA as the bad TB that we always here about, but it is a different species. So technically it is very very different. They see it often in their office because children ingest soil that this bacteria. We also had a regular TB test done just to see how bad the TB was. His test was negative.

Getting his TB test done
Jett was not responding to the antibiotics it was only getting worse. The chin one was getting very very large and red. It look terrible!

He went in for the 3 week follow up. She saw the nodes and said at this point they can only do surgery to get rid of the infection. In a matter of couple of days Jett had his first cat scan and surgery.
You can see the red lump under his chin. This was taken 3 weeks before his surgery. It only got worse from here.
Before going into surgery. He was in toy heaven!
He did great. Didn't have to get sedated for the cat scan since he is such a calm patient. Which was great that he didn't have too. The surgery took place at Texas Children's Hospital. The surgeon removed 2 lymph nodes & scraped 1 out. The main lymph node was so bad they couldn't even stitch the skin back so it just a open wound. Our main concern was the hidden lymph node hiding behind the lymph node we found on the side of his neck. It was near the nerve that controls the frown and smile. If the nerve is damaged he would have a crooked smile.

Jett did great during the surgery. As of right now he has a slight crooked smile. It is like his lower lip is lazy. She said it was normal after a surgery because of the swelling and trauma of the surgery. It will take sometime for it to come back. She was optimistic that it would, but there is still the chance. He is recovering right now, which is challenging because he is very irritable and sore. He is super cuddly though, which I love!!

There was not a day during this whole ordeal that I was not scared to death. I always thought of worst case scenario of what could be wrong. Could it be cancer? A disease? Everything and anything ran through my mind about the nodes. The day of surgery I was a mess. I cried constantly. I did not want my son to go under the knife. But I knew God was with us and would watch over our little guy. I was right.

As of 4/4/2013 I got a call from ENT at TX Children's that his cultures of the lymph nodes came back non malignant and negative. There are other tests they are doing that take a while, but they are very optimistic with the tests so far. Jett is doing great his open wound is healing beautifully. He even lets me put his medicine on it. Such the perfect patient! Love our strong superman.

After his surgery. We had to stay over night. He had 3 drains in his neck and an open wound (chin) packed with gauze. Such a trooper. All he wanted to do was play.
With his cousin Evella. Catching up on some playtime. If you notice his crooked smile. He is very swollen in this picture.

On Easter. 4 days after his surgery. He looks & feels so much happier.

Medical Miracle
My 16 week appointment was the same day as Jett's cat scan. Mike & Jett wasn't able to make it because of the timing of everything. It wasn't a big deal since it was going to be just a regular check up. Deep down inside though I was hoping they would do an ultrasound to check my blood clot so we can see that and possibly see the gender.

A resident that was working with Dr. Young checked me out. She found the heartbeat. Then asked if she could do an ultrasound. She really wanted to do one with me. I was jumping for joy. I told her I knew there was a chance that we could see the gender if there was that she could write or put the picture in the envelope and seal it so we can reveal on Easter Sunday what the gender was. :)

We started the ultrasound. Found our precious nugget. Heartbeat 160. I could see the spine, head, arms, etc. I then had to close my eyes for the gender part of it. They were able to find it. WOO HOO!!

Dr. Young came in to check on me. Then he noticed my blood clot was practically gone. He was in complete shock. He said it was a miracle and was amazed that it was gone. I never seen him so excited and thrilled. He really couldn't believe that it was almost gone. He then told me he couldn't tell me early on, but it was the biggest clot he had ever seen. The disappearance of this clot was definitely god's work.
My little jokester.
He is so funny.
Love him!

Easter Weekend & Gender Reveal!!!
We found out at 14 weeks Jett's gender, but we waited to tell anyone till my baby shower, which was my 8 month of pregnancy. This time we didn't want to wait, but still wanted to do a reveal.

This time I was 16 weeks going in for a regular check up. I was praying they would do an ultrasound to check on my clot. I told the resident I knew there was a chance to find out the gender if so if she could put the picture or write what it is in the envelope and put it in my person. She did just that. I shut my eyes tight when she was checking. I promise I did not peak.

We waited till Easter while all the family was over to do the reveal. So I patiently waited for 6 days. Talk about will power.

Here is how the reveal unfolded......

Which will it be????
Waiting patiently.
Here we go!!!!
It's BLUE!!!!
He is super stoked!!
Mike added some color to it after everything dried. It looks great! Well I think so. :)
How I prepared for the reveal is on my main blog. Click Here for the tutorial.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Weeks 13 & 14

This go around with this blog I will probably update every 2 weeks. It is a little hard to get away with a very active cutie patootie 2 year old.

Happy 30th Birthday To Me.... 13 weeks!
Winter of 2011 I started to count down the months of when I was going to turn the big 3-0. I knew I wanted to go all out for that big birthday. So that meant I couldn't be pregnant or breast feeding if I really wanted to go alot. Well as you know the story. I took the Clomid got pregnant, but that ended in a failed pregnancy and following another in July.  So it is pretty ironic I was celebrating my 1st trimester around my 30th birthday. Not so how I wanted my birthday to be like. I laugh at myself now. God sure did show me that it was his plan not mine. He showed me good! :-)

Since I was recovering from all the shots. I didn't want to do anything big for my 30th. I just felt like I had the best gift in the world being pregnant and getting through my horrible 1st trimester. It is amazing how things change in 2 short years on what you feel is a good birthday. Anywho.... I was feeling so much better. Not having to do anymore shots. I can walk again. Hold my baby and the thing I missed soo much.....EATING!! I actually lost weight weeks before, but I was sure making up for it. Not purposely, but I was just always hungry.

I began to bleed of and on. Nothing painful and to be worried about. I was told this would happen. It was just annoting. I wished it would stop.

Cravings....pickles again. And Korean food. All I can think of is food of my homeland. HA! One thing I can not stand the smell and the sight of are donuts. Mike would bring me donuts every Tuesday morning and I would have to give them away. I couldn't even just let them sit at my desk. The smell of the donuts just made me so nauseas.

Another smell that bothers me is strong perfume, cologne and hand soap. My nose had turned into a dog's and I could smell those scents for miles! Ewww!

My 30th was unbelievable and memorable thanks to Mike & Jett. I woke up to them singing Happy Birthday with a cinnamon roll with a candle. I had the most GORGEOUS flowers for my birthday. Mike told me I was suppose to go to my restroom because Jett had left me a birthday note. I went in and it was a note from Mike that made me so emotional. I cried. I then looked up there was a beautiful red box. I opened it and they were custom made diamond earrings that were replicas of my engagement ring. STUNNING. I was spoiled!!

Later that night I was surprised by a dinner with family and friends. That weekend Mike and Jett whisked me away to a resort on the lake. I was treated to a day of pampering. It was wonderful. A 30th that I was meant to have.

"The Baby Mommy!" .... 14 weeks!
It is one of the sweetest conversations I've had with Jett...

Me: "Hey, do you know where your baby is?"
Jett: "Right here mommy! The Baby Mommy!" (reaches for my belly and rubs)
Jett: (pulls his shirt and pats his belly)  Baby!!

I love it!! He just knows something is going on there. Not sure what, but he knows my belly has a baby.

This week I am feeling great! No major cravings, but I just eat lots of pickles. At least 1 or 2 a day. Helps settle my stomach if I have a stomach. I also find myself eating another meal right before I go to bed. So sad. I am starving!

Since the blood clot issue was still going on. I wanted to get a doppler if I could find one affordable, which I did. I found one (Jumper Prenatal Heart Listener) with great reviews on It was only $31! So worth it!

As soon as I got it at work. I tried it with out the gel. Of course it didn't work, but when I got home I pulled the gel out and squirted it on my belly. Baby was much lower than I thought, but I could hear a strong heartbeat. It was UHMAZING to hear on my own at home. Since then I have used it a couple more time and Mike listen to it as well. So awesome. Very much worth every penny.

I have been holding off on taking week to week pictures because I didn't want to jinx the pregnancy. Here are finally some from this past weekend. I am 14 weeks, 5 days.

Kisses for the baby <3 td="">
Love this kid!


  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by 2008

Back to TOP