Saturday, July 3, 2010

Martin Baby Annoucement to the Martin's

June 24th we were on our way to Becca  & Rick's house to celebrate Jada's 12th birthday. Just about everyone from Mike's family was going to be there. On our way to their house Mike goes..."wouldn't it be funny if we told my family tonight then when your mom comes they are in on the secret and just wait to see your mom's reaction? Plus it would be better for you to talk to someone about your concerns. I know it is driving you nuts."  At first I didn't want too, but he was right. I really didn't want to wait another 2 weeks. Another thought was would my mom be mad if I told everyone before her, but then I started to think about it. The reason why I wanted to tell her when she came to Houston mainly was because I wanted to tell her in person. Telling on the phone about your first grand child is just not the best thing. I want to see the reaction and be able to hug my mom and share this great joy.

So Jeanette and Bud were sitting next to each other while Becca and Kim were in the kitchen cooking dinner. Mike asks me if I was ready to break the news. I said well what about Becca and Kim I want them to be in here. He tells me they will come in once they hear mom's reaction. So I walk over while Mike records on his cell phone what Jeanette's reaction would be. I walked over to her with my camera. I ask Jeanette, "Could you look at this and see what this says?" She looks at the picture of the positive pregnancy test saying positive and looks at me with big eyes and asks  Is this yours? I nodded my head yes. The next thing I know I hear the loudest scream and cry. She couldn't believe it! It was unreal the reaction she had. She was completely shocked!

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP