Saturday, October 16, 2010

How I feel: 20 weeks

Night Owl Baby!
This baby is definitely a Martin baby! It kicks like crazy at night. Little flicks to my belly while I am watching my shoes or laying in bed at night. I feel the baby also move during the day, but not as much as I do in the night. It is so surreal feeling the kicks and I am very much enjoying it. I just know these movements will get stronger as the baby gets bigger and it won't be as much fun at night.

5th Disease Testing
Kim had emailed me that my youngest niece Evella has 5th disease aka slap cheek. It is basically a rash that you have for several weeks on your face looking like you got slapped in the face. It is alot like chicken pox once you get it once you are immuned to it and never get it again. That weekend prior we had spent a little time with her at Traci's baby shower. Kim had looked up that 5th disease can have some harmful effects on pregnant women if they get it. Kim suggested that I get tested at my doctor to see if I was exposed to it or not. There is no telling if I was immune or not.They say 50% of women are immune so it shouldn't be a big deal and also the mainly effects to earlier pregnancies. I called the doctor and did a blood test to make sure. So if I did have it they would just monitor me closer because there is no medication to cure it. I didn't hear back from the doctor so I assume everything is okay.


Half Way There
I mentioned this in the 20 week ultra sound portion. But I really can't believe we are 1/2 way there!! This week seemed sooooo far away. The next 20 weeks will just creep up on us. I am really excited to meet our new baby. I am little nervous just to the life change and all, but it will be all worth it! Even though we are scared to death. It's all good!

20 weeks! It is really popping now!

0 comments:

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP